Monday, April 29, 2013

Regrets?

I was assigned to a bed and the moment I passed by, a frail gentleman was sleeping and I was thinking how on earth am I supposed to approach him. 

I talked to him for a while when he woke up. He was on nasal prong, pursed lip with suprasternal recessions. I didn't want to push him to talk but he went on talking while stopping for a few minutes to catch his breathing.

"Do you know last time I used to sing? I won multiple competitions. I could sing very well. I went to Taiwan and they all praised me. They invited me everywhere to sing. I went to China. I went all around Malaysia. I love to sing."

"Now I'm lying down on this bed, waiting for the day I sleep and see Jesus. I don't want to suffer."

Many years down the line, will I be sitting or lying somewhere, thinking about the past, wondering about the things I could do but I didn't do, heart fills with regrets? Or will I be fill with happiness, laughing and smiling and ready to leave this world with no regrets? Hmmm...

No comments: