Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Day in Clinic...

What a day.

Sitting in the clinic as usual. Previous clinic sessions had been uneventful since patients are stable. There had been stressful patients coming in and pouring out their hearts but I can't blame them. I would do the same if I were in their shoes. 

Today I was alone without the presence of my groupmates. 

Then patient A came in. The moment she saw me, she started shouting and accusing me. I thought it would stop but she just went on shouting at the top of her lungs. I looked at dr and she looked at me. Immediately, I ran towards the next room with my heart palpitating. 

Then patient B came in. He was sitting with his head down then he saw me. He came up close to me with a smiley face and said "You're cute." Dr called him back to sit. He sat but he would not take his eyes off me. I tried to keep my head cool and avoided his glance. He's already sick. I would not want him to have any assumptions towards me. He came close to me few times and each time, I managed to ask him to sit back. 

Emotion and mind are what make human. But when one's emotion and thoughts are distorted, when you can no longer differentiate the truth and false, when you lost touch of reality, you indulge in it and eventually become prisoner of your own "superior" mind. 

I can't blame them. They can no longer control themselves. They can no longer understand what they are doing.

One thing that strikes me though. Patient B's mother came in with a stooped figure and sad face. It's like she has lost control of everything and she can no longer do anything about everything. She did not talk much and she kept looking down. I can't imagine the amount of stress she is going through. How I wish I can go over and give her a reassurance hug... 

No comments: