Thursday, October 6, 2011

Satisfaction :)

Clerked a 19-year-old Indian girl today.

She is one amazing girl. Both her parents are workers who don't earn much but she is one tough girl. She holds on to her education and she is doing form 6 because she wants to go for tertiary education. She likes to study and she believes that education is important. She knows that education will bring her far in her life and she hopes that she will provide a better life for her parents.

Her father is one caring father. She supports her and is very concern for her. And I almost kena scolded by him because the consultation took about 1 hour and she hadn't eaten her breakfast. Luckily Dr. S talked nicely to him and he went back to his good-nature self. Phew...

We talked about a lot of things when I was waiting for my turn to present and also while waiting for blood test. She told me about her exam, her worries and lots more and we had a good time since we're almost the same age.

While waiting for the blood test result, she asked me:

"Kak, you ada boyfriend tak? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No lah."

"Why not? You're so pretty, short (she did say that) and cute."

Oh my gosh, I couldn't stop laughing. She over-praised me lah but it's still nice to hear such compliments from a girl who only knew me for 2 hours :) And no, I don't have a boyfriend because no guys will look at me twice lah.

I was very sorry because the consultation took a long time partly my fault since I totally forgot how to do cranial nerve examination so I kept on apologising to her and her father. She told me that she's happy to help me out and she said it doesn't matter to her if it takes a long time because she's happy that she met me today (her own word). With that, she bid goodbye and left.

Lecturers always talked about the satisfactory that come after treating every patient and today, I felt that. Although I made lots of stupid mistakes in front of her during examination, although she had to wait for long time because her turn came and although her consultation was long, she was satisfied. All I did was talked to her and chit-chat a little about her life ans she said it's the best thing that had ever happened to her. She understood that we're students and we are learning from them so she didn't mind at all and she's happy that she was able to help. She also inspired me because even though her family background may not be so good, she still believes in education and she insists in finishing her study. Although it may not be easy, she still works hard towards her goal.

Thanks a lot to you :) I hope you'll be able to achieve your dream as a teacher and I believe you'll be a great one :) All the best for your upcoming STPM :)

No comments: