Monday, February 27, 2012

The 'Sensitive' Issue...

Yesterday was not a very good day. Ended the day with frustration and mood-less. Hmmm...

Expressed my thoughts and opinions yesterday and because of that, my parents prepared a long lecture for me which I managed to escape thanks to the bad coverage. I was quite frustrated as I was being shoot down for expressing what I thought but I can't really blame them since the issue is a 'sensitive' one and they really don't want to see me getting into trouble.

Evil politic. It has always been something that you can scream in your heart but you're not able to say it out freely. If you have the guts, then you're bound to get into trouble. With many things going on in the country right now, I really hope people will stop being blinded by money and greed and place themselves in the 'rakyat' shoes and think of what the 'rakyat' really want and need. But as always, people like me who is currently a student in public university and with parents who are government servants, we are expected to be loyal and kowtow to everything... (Yeah, right, we're not as naive as you think we are). Really admire those who really can stand up and speak sensibly even knowing the risks. But how many of them are truly speaking up with no other agendas in their heart? At time like this, I just wish I have a way to read people's mind. But now, we can only based on our own judgement and try to differentiate the rights and the wrongs.

Met a patient this morning. He's a Chinese gentleman in his 70s who uses terms and phrases that people like me who grew up reading English papers can't understand. Had to ask him to explain in simpler terms :P He told us that he's angry and frustrated with what's going in the country right now. He said that he's not afraid to fight and speak up as he's already old. Nobody can do anything to him now. He stressed that he's not doing this for his own good as time is limited to him already. His concern is the young generations like us. We're the ones who suffer in case of bad policies and wrong management and he does not want that to happen. Really touched by what he said and really thankful to him for letting us examine him :) It's not easy for patients to show us their private parts especially people with scrotal swelling and also those with breast cancer. However, these patients told us that they do not mind as we're future doctors and their only wish is that we'll learn everything that we can learn by examining them and later, become a good doctor :)

I will try my best :) I know I may look short and childish and people may not have confident with me but I must prove to people and myself that I can be as good as the tall ones and matured-looking people. Appearance is nothing. It's the heart and thoughts that count.

Hopefully I can make it through. Thank God for everything that I have now :)

最近很喜欢这两首歌...

严爵-又不是这样就不孤独


"有爱又有什么用处,又不是这样就不孤独."
"What's the point of having love, it doesn't mean that you'll never ever feel lonely."
True true. Totally agree with this line.

周杰伦-烟花易冷


好中国风的一首歌, mv很可怜. Sigh...

No comments: