Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pain...

Gynae clinic:

Typical afternoon clinic with patients who came in for follow up. Patients all appeared comfortable, laughed with doctors and all were reassured. Then the last one came in. 

The moment I saw her, I knew something was not right. She looked so uncomfortable and appeared to be so much in pain. Just a short distance from the chair to the examination couch made her cringe. After lying down, she just laid there holding her stomach and tears were flowing from here eyes. I couldn't help but pat her shoulder lightly. 

After arranging for admission, doctor told us (the patient and the dr are both indians) that the patient came in the morning but Dr V was in antenatal clinic. She went to A&E many times and she was send off after i.m. painkillers. She was so frustrated with other doctors and subsequently went back home. In the afternoon, she came back just so she could meet with Dr V. 

Pity the lady. I can't help but to wonder what will I do if I were to see such a patient. I wonder what kind of doctor will I become. Hmmm...

Dr V: Next time, when you all work, please be hardworking. With so many doctors being produced, you all need to be the exceptionally good one. Haiyo...
I smiled like a typical medical student :)

PS: Now I know how painful adenomyosis can be. Pity...

PS: Saw a fetal heart beat on ultrasound today and all of a sudden, this tiny 8-week-old foetus seems so adorable to me :) Awww...

PS: Can someone chopped off my stomach for me? Epigastric pain exaggerated after meal and even milk. Dyspepsia? Sigh...

No comments: