Friday, December 17, 2010

Touched :)

Watched this and I was touched by what he did and still doing. Love is indeed a powerful thing. Though it had been misused for some wrong reasons (eg committing suicide), it had pushed people to do something amazing. Why are we desperately searching for a superhero when everyone can be one if one will just show his/her love and lend a helping hand?

While watching this, I was reminded of my ward round with Prof Goh on Wednesday. Since we were doing the GIT system, he brought us to see a few patients who are suffering from liver-related diseases. He started off by demonstrating abdominal examination on the first patient. He told us that in order to perform the examination, the best position is to sit on a chair. If there's no chair or a modern bed where you can lift up the bed, you kneel. Then he dropped to his knees besides the patient's bed and started the examination. Till now, I still can't erase that image out of my mind. I still remember the first time I saw his title (Prof. Dato' Dr), we were like 'wow' and of course, we somehow thought that with a title like this, he's going to be a malignant one. But thank God, it's quite the opposite. And seeing him in that position besides a patient who has no relation whatsoever to him, my mind drifted to the ROSE (Reaching Out to Students through English) training programme. One of the speaker stressed that this programme is all about love and when he asked me THE question on why I chose medic, I answered: Because this is a noble profession. And on that Wednesday morning, I was shown on how truly noble is the job. It may not be something extravaganza but sometimes, it's the little act that touches people's heart more than ever. I'll definitely work hard towards my dream of becoming a good doctor and pray that God will guide me through this journey too :)

重蹈覆辙. 1 saying, 4 characters, yet it threatened to open up the wound that I forcefully sutured up.