Thursday, April 3, 2008

My first interview...

When I was shortlisted for the JPA interview, my parents were worried. For them, their daughter is a painfully shy girl. Ya. I was once like that but now I'm quite ok. Not so shy but still a little bit. Well, like they said, old habit dies hard.

I reached there about an hour early. The previous batch wasn't out yet and that includes Chia Zhen. While I was searching for my name, he came out. He saw my name on the panel 1 list and he told me he was in the same panel too. He told me his topics and apparently the interviewers in panel will ask us 2 topics in Malay and English. Argghhh... Malay!!! I'm not really that fluent in Malay but no choice... Still, I was hoping for the best. Oh ya, a little shout out to Chia Zhen. Thanks a lot and you look really smart that day :)

While waiting, I had the chance to talk with some people there. Nice people... There's a guy there. He and I were the earliest. He smiled at me. I smiled at me. He smiled at me. I smiled at him. And the process went on whenever our eyes met. After that, he asked me which school I was from and I answered him. I didn't ask him any question so we didn't talk anymore. Pathetic me... I talked with quite some girls there. Pretty and nice girls. Saw some really tall girls. Made me want to go back and wear high heels...


This is so pretty... I want!!!

My group was the last one so while waiting for our turn, we talked to each other and we enjoyed ourself. The only Malay guy there was kind of left out of the conversation but I tried to make eye contact with him. Don't want to be rude. There's a guy there who kept on calling me green fish and teased me for wearing a green songket kebaya. Haha...

Finally, it was our turn. We had a group discussion. Don't know whether I did well or not. I paused twice for a minute so I'm not so confident with myself. Hope for the best lah. The guy who called me green fish really talked a lot and it was really hard to interupt my group members. I didn't stumble upon words so I consider myself ok already.

I really have to say that the interview was really fun. Meeting new people, getting new experience... Now I have to wait until the third week of May. *Cross my fingers*

2 comments:

Sabs said...

hey hey hey!!! so u went for the JPA interview huh? so what is this about a guy and all the smiles in this entry?? spill!! lol

Little Fish :) said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Spill what??? Nothing to spill :p Just being friendly by smiling only...