Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Road Less Traveled...

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

The first time I studied 'The Road Less Traveled' by Robert Frost, I understood it and I loved it. Now, I truly understand it from my heart. I'm in a dilemma because I don't know what to choose. Yes, I know, I should have planned earlier but since young, I had been dreaming of becoming a doctor. But now, I know I can't because I do not have the skill to do so. Now I have 2 choices, accounting or pharmacy. Just like the poet, I kept thinking of the advantages of these 2 choices and both have good prospects. Taking Pharmacy, which I am rather interested in, will mean extra burden to my parents unless I got JPA scholarship but all of us know that it's not easy to get one. If accounting, which I also quite interested in, then I'll get to finish my study in 3 years time and work after that. I really don't know which course I should take.

After TM, Petronas and matrikulasi rejected my offer, my parents started to worry and enquire about colleges. They thought I'll definitely get a scholarship that's why they'd never thought of college. I thought I would have to go to form 6 if I don't get any offer that's why I'd never mentioned about college even though it did cross my mind before. Now, I have to make up my mind fast since I have to sign up as soon as possible.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

Ya, I do wish that I can take both at the same time but it's impossible. There's no turning back and I do not wish to have any regrets.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

Whichever choice I make, I'll be like the poet. It's hard but hey, what is life without having to make any choice?

The choice that will make all the difference in my life, what will it be?

No comments: