Friday, September 28, 2012

Incompetence...

Today, I realised one thing. If a medical staff is incompetent, the person who suffers at the end is the patient him/herself.

The patient promised me that he will not tell the dr that I failed to insert a cannula. The thing is, I'm not worried that the dr will scold/scorn me or anything. I deserve it. Don't tell me that I'm still a medical student, don't tell me that I still lack experience. I can't possibly go on with these excuses and tell myself that it's ok that I can't perform simple task. 

In theory, everything is so easy but in practice, it's not. I do require more and more practices. If I or my loved-ones were to be the patient, I would not want the same thing to happen to me and them as well. 

I pity the patient. It's my fault that he has to undergo unnecessary pain and stress. I'm sorry, mr, for my incompetence.


Thank God that every time I screwed up,  the patients are all understanding. I do apologise for my incompetence and made your visit to hospital an unpleasant one. Sorry...

No comments: