Sunday, October 7, 2012

Footsteps...

I have to admit, I'm a clingy daughter. Ever since I was a little girl, I would always hold my mom's hand every time that we were out together.

When I was much younger, my mom had to slow down her footsteps and sometimes even dragging me since I walked very slow. She used to tease me that my future partner would not walk with me as he had to slow down his footsteps just so I could catch up with him.

Recently, when we were out shopping, I noticed that the scenario has reversed. I had to slow down my footsteps and walked slowly with her. At times when I was walking without holding her hands, I would stop halfway and wait for her to catch up with me. 

My mum has always looked young. Time never seems to show on her face and hair and so I'd always thought my mum is as young as ever. But now, seeing her footsteps getting slower and her multiple complaints of pain everywhere, I feel guilty. 

A reminder to myself: Stop taking granted of the things I have now especially my parents. They are getting older without me realising...


No comments: