Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First...

Yesterday was quite a day for me since I had quite some first yesterday (since it is already passed 12 am).

Although yesterday was the second time I prepared lunch but yesterday was my first attempt to cook porridge. After adding a little bit of this and that, it turned out to be quite satisfying. I didn't expect that since it was my first. If you are thinking why is this girl making such a big deal over a simple meal like porridge, I guess I have to let you know that people have this misconception that I hate cooking and do not wish to learn how to do so. Now, I'm doing my best and grabbing any opportunity that I have to brush up my skills to prove them wrong. But I'm still a beginner so don't expect much from me. Besides, I seriously doubt that I am as talented as Remy although I really wish I am. *dreaming look*


'Anyone can cook...'

Yesterday, I also attempted to write a review on a book that I'd read and love. It didn't really turn out as good as I wanted it to be and I have a funny feeling about the review. Sigh...

Yesterday, my driving instructor showed up unexpectedly. I thought we would be driving at the usual spot but I was wrong. Really wrong. Instead of going straight, he asked me to turn left and casually telling me that 'we are going to town'. ARGGHHHHH... It was my first time driving at the small yet rather busy town. It was also my first time dealing with numerous traffic lights, 2 roundabouts, U-turns and the scariest of all, numerous cars. At first, I was quite calm but at my first junction which was the T-junction, I failed to control properly and the car stopped completely when it was my turn to turn into the main road. I can imagine how those long-waited drivers behind me cursing at me. Luckily for me, it only happened once yesterday. After the incident, I was very nervous throughout the one-hour drive. I just couldn't imagine myself stopping in the middle of the traffic. After that, he asked me to drive to the mini stadium. I drove round the parking lot and made a lot of U-turns. At the first U-turn, he didn't ask me to press the brake pedal and it didn't cross my mind that I had to do so (stupid me). Luckily my mind didn't go blank and I managed to control the steering . If not... That is really a scary first-time for me. When I finally reached home, I was shaking all over and I almost cried. Just to clarify matters, nowadays I don't cry over small stuffs anymore and if I cry, it means that I'm really scared or heartbroken. There'll be another lesson in about 12 hours time and I guess I have more confidence through my first experience. Hopefully, like Daniel said, I'll get the hang of driving soon enough. *finger crossed*

All these driving stuffs remind me of a joke that I told Daniel. 'After the driving lesson, I really wish people still use carriages. Slower but nicer. And...



Horse = Prince Charming (WHAT!!! A girl can always dream, can't she?) ;)



2 comments:

Sabs said...

hmm..see, this is why I'm not taking my driving lessons..the car accident rate in Tampin is gonna crash through the roof..lol

Little Fish :) said...

Haha... It's not that bad. You should consider to give it a try.