Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Queen of Crime...

Actually, I'd never thought of writing this post. I read Sabbie's comment about Agatha Christie and started to reply but then I noticed, it was longer than I'd expected. Then a thought came to my mind: Why not I just blog about it? So there you go.

I'd always love crime fictions especially whodunits. The first Agatha Christie's book that I read was Death on the Nile. Woah, imagine my shocked when I found out who the killer was. Since then, I'd always loved her books. She had a way to twist around the story, the incidents, the conversations to make us think that it was A but it was actually B. The first-time readers will be shocked with the ending because they fell for her tricks and presumed that it was the obvious one who did the crime. For those who had read lots of her books like me, although we know her style of writing but we cannot be sure. Whenever I read her books and ideas pop out of my mind, I'll be thinking: Is it one of her tricks to make us believe that it is B but it was actually A or is it her one of her tricks to lead us believing that she's fooling us so we will believe that it was A when the fact that B was the real murderer? Trust me, no matter how many books of hers I had read, she always ALWAYS manage to amaze me. Honestly speaking, the first and only book that left me totally breathless is And Then There Were None. This book was so amazing that I spend the whole afternoon reading it and purposely forgot about the test that I had on the next day.

Michelle and my mum told me that although her books are interesting but the starting can be quite boring since they have nothing to do with the murder. For me, I enjoy most of her books from the start to the end. I don't find the opening boring because the opening was the one which gave me an insight look of the characters. All the characters are interesting and most of the times, they had secrets and quite deadly one. Ohhh... I love characters who have secrets and finding out what exactly are their secrects and how deadly are them.

Another thing that I love about her books is how she'd add some twist of romance in it. It's always nice and sweet to read about people getting together. Evertime when I reached the ending, I'd have a huge satisfiscation. You'll definitely see a grin on my face and some giggles too. Hehe...

Just like what Sabbie said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not saying that you're wrong by not liking her books. There are many books that I don't like to read but others find them interesting and maybe will try to reason with me. Like I always say to Choon Min, we are different people with different interests and likes and I always think that it is these differences that make us special and different than others. Life will definitely be mundane if it is otherwise.

2 comments:

Sabs said...

oh, lookie! I've got a blog entry inspired by my comment..cheh wah..kuat perasan..lol..

You know, after reading this, A.C.'s books actually sounds interesting..I guess when you like something, you're able to discibe it well..and in a positive way..

Cheers!

Little Fish :) said...

Haha... I thought it is not convincing enough since I did this in a rush.