Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Lamentation of An Ill Girl

Everytime I watched Damages, my heart really aches. It's like somebody just took it out, played with it, stabbed it and crushed it. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating but the truth is, I had to try my best to hold back my tears whenever I watched Ellen being manipulated by Patty without her knowledge. Setting Ellen's prioritiy straight??? That's ridiculous. Try watching Close To Home. I really admire Annabeth. For me, no doubt career is important but nothing is more important than your family. Just look at how Patty's family turned out. I always believe that in the end, family is the one who will stick to you to the end although I'm really disappointed with how some families turn out. Betrayal, fighting over some money, abuse??? Sigh...

No no, I'm not saying that I despise Damages. It's a great series but at the same time, it's very disturbing. Sigh... I really wish I'd more vocabulary to describe how I feel about Damages. Besides, my whole body is so weak that I have to give up doing any thinking (that includes my sister unbalanced accounts *grrr...*). My lack of vocabulary is the main reason I was impressed by William Boyd when I read Restless. I still remember the part when Ruth (an English tutor) was describing her ex-boyfriend to Hamid (her student), she had a long list of descriptions. Wow... I wonder whether my mom can do that? Hmmmm...

I still remember the last time I wasn't feeling well. It was during my preparation for my trial and I had to tell you, it was really terrible. Nana noticed and told me that I was studying too hard and I should take a break (not her exact words though but it was something like this). Did I listen to her? Not entirely. I still don't think I did my best. I should had done better. Don't roll your eyes when you read this. I'm not trying to be humble or anything. I just know how I did in my studies better than anyone else.

My body is weak, my head is slightly aching, I'm coughing, having a slight flu and sneezing. Now, I really want to go to bed and read until I'm too tired or too weak to continue (sorry, the suspense is just too strong for a bookworm like me to resist).

A note to myself: You better get well soon or you'll have to suffer the torment of those evil pills. They are glaring at you and they just simply can't wait to get their hands on you and torture you bits by bits when you're trying your very best to overcome your fear and swallow them.



*eyes rolling* Can't believe you're scared of swallowing pills. What a ridiculous girl you are. *eyes rolling AGAIN*

No comments: