Thursday, December 31, 2009

New year...

Tick tock, tick tock...

A few more hours later, we'll be bidding goodbye to 2009 and say hi to 2010. And I really can't help but to use the phrase that I'd been using quite frequently here - time really does fly.

Hmmm... What had I been doing for the past one year?

1. Started the year with the continuation of second semester of matriculation. After around 4 months, I finished my exam and was forced to say goodbye to the place where I became a more mature girl and had fun.

2. Had a strong feeling towards someone. After 2 months or so, the feeling just disappeared into the thin air and thank goodness it did.

3. After a month goyang kaki at home, result came out. It was time to get busy with university application. Pondering for a long time at the options, medicine was selected as my first choice.

4. After about 3 months of doing nothing at home, university application result came out. I got my first choice - a chance to study medicine and fulfill my dream in the oldest university in Malaysia, UM. Thank God for that :)

5. After a week of university's orientation, I was shocked to find out that there's really such a thing as orientation with our Chinese seniors. Ya, I read about it on a forum but I didn't know whether to believe or not. I didn't know what to expect as well. I was the target since I posted some comments on the forum under the name of 'green fish' and the name still stuck with me. But thank God too, I made through this rough month.

6. Found out that medicine is as difficult as what people had always said. And I need to study constantly. With all the smart people around me, I realised people back then had always been overestimating me. I failed my first quiz. Broke down. Stood up. And I managed to pass the next 2 quizzes.

7. Persuaded by Chu Yee to go to the dancing class. Ended up being a part of 6th college dancing team.

8. Study week forced its way through. I was so scared that all I wanted to do was to escape. And I did just that thing. With no companion, I went all the way to KL Central by myself, bought a ticket and went home. Parents were shocked but I was really lost that time. Found out much later that my friends who saw me that day could see that I was on the edge of breaking down. And they were so right - I almost cried out loud in KL Central while telling my mum that I'd bought the ticket and was waiting for the ride back home. After few peaceful days at home, I went back to college for study week.

9. Exam week came. For the first time in my life, I almost went blank during the exam. Thanks to Him, I managed to calm myself down. (Note to myself: Be more well prepared and be more confident with myself.) Then came the holiday.

10. Passed my exam. Promised myself that I'll work harder.

11. Being the director for the first time. Had a great time. Though I looked rather stressful but I was having fun. Seriously. (:

12. Went to watch movies for the first time. Not just one but 2 in a span of 1 week. Hehe :P

Hmmm...

New year resolution? Honestly, I'd never made any. Maybe I should start a list this year.

1. Smile more. STOP putting up the very serious face.

2. Make more friends.

3. Pass phase I exam.

4. Be a nicer girl.

5. Be more confident and cheerful.

6. Be more understanding.

7. Try to get to the airport when it's time for Saren to leave Malaysia.

8. Talk more.

9. Be more hardworking.

Most important, break the thick wall which I'd build around myself for many years. And ya, grow stronger in Him. (:

Happy new year to myself and all of you who are reading this :)

No comments: