Friday, December 11, 2009

Used-to-be...

Started the day by opening my very bengkak eyes. No thanks to the non-stop flowing tears for hours yesterday night while watching a series :( Then, Chu Yee, Cheng Nee and I headed straight to Mid Valley to catch The Princess and The Frog.

Since it's a Disney cartoon, the movie attracted quite a number of children. Throughout the movie, I heard the children talking and laughing. And I couldn't help but to smile. For a while, I did what I didn't like to do by stepping into the time-travel machine and went back to the past.

Back then, I was a girl who doesn't look like one. With an extremely short hair and funny features, people often thought that I was a boy. I didn't like it and I used to cry a lot after the trip to the hairdresser. I used to think that why can't I be as beautiful as my sis. I used to think that why can't I look as a sweet little girl like most of my female classmates. Then, I'd decided, since I can't look like one, I must act like one. I totally ignored the pants and shorts and only wore skirts. I paid attention when I came across articles or books or shows on etiquette. I didn't sit with my legs crossed and I still don't. I ate using fork and spoon even while eating chicken wing and I still do that. I'm only starting to wear pants and shorts since it's weird to walk around the college with skirt. After primary school, I'd never cut my hair above shoulder length. And now, some are saying that I'm like a little princess. After spending a year in matrik and now with all my coursemates, I'm starting to think that I'm a little bit too skema. I guess now I do understand how one's past can change a person...

Back then, I was the girl who never finished her homework. I'd wait and wait and wait and till the last minute, I would start to rush. But with the mountains of homework to be handed in everyday, it'd take a miracle to finish off at the last minute so I always ended up with blank pages on my books. Teachers were annoyed and I was labelled as the useless one, the hopeless one and twice, I got slapped by my teachers in front of everyone. Then I started to have horrible mood swings. I cried everyday in school, came back home and refused to talked with my parents. I could sit there and said nothing for days no matter how much my parents tried to make me to talk. How I ended up with all As is still a wonder to me... After leaving primary school, I was determined to change. And I did exactly the same thing. I never missed any homework and my result became better. By form 4 and 5, I was one of the top in my class. And now, I managed to enter UM despite the strong competitions among all the STPM and matriculation students. Though I never managed to figure out the exact reason of why I had the determination to change, but I never forget to thank God for everything :)

Back then, I was a naive girl. Very naive. And I got myself fooled a lot of times. After all the tears and all, I grew up and become less naive. Till now, Daniel's sms when he knew I was in matrik still makes me smile - 'Ooh, how our wittwe wawy gwew has gwown up'.

Back then, when I was a primary school girl, people often thought that I was a secondary school girl. When I was in secondary school, people thought that I was a primary school girl. Now as a first year university student, people think that I'm a form 1-3 girl. Haha... Oh well, at least I look younger than my age :P

Back then, I was a lost soul. Now I found Him. And that's the turning point in my life :)

No comments: