Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wedding :)

For the first time in my life, I attended a Christian church wedding. And it was truly unforgettable.

The bride is Leng Cheng's friend whom she met when she was teaching at Pulau Ketam Secondary School. I was 'dragged' by Leng Cheng to the wedding ceremony. And I got to thank her for bringing me there. :D

It was held at a church in Klang. Can't remember the name though... For a girl who had never been to this kind of wedding, I was sitting inside the church looking forward for the ceremony. Unlike the normal Chinese wedding ceremony, it was held on time. Nono, not on time, 3 minutes before the planned time. For me, it was indeed a good start.

When the bride and her dad entered the church, all eyes were on her. She was beaming and so as the dad. All the small kids were cute in their white gown and small suits.



It began with praise and worship. Then prayers for the going-to-wed couple. I enjoyed the performance by the choir team. It was truly marvelous. Then the solo performance which also took my breath away.

Then, the moment which we had all been waiting for had arrived. The groom recited all he should say. The bride kind of forgot her lines but thankfully, the pastor was there and helped her with her lines. After that, it was the 'I Do' moment. That moment still makes me giggle even hours after the ceremony. :p

Leng Cheng and I noticed a guy from the groom's family which looks so like Timothy. And he was in charge of taking photos with the exact camera that Timothy uses. And the way he takes photo is also like him. We really had an impulse to take his photo and show it to Ruth but paiseh lah. Later people will think that we got a crush on him. Hehe :p

One thing which keeps on ringing in my head is the benevolent that the Reverend gave. A successful marriage requires one important aspect: Maturity. He said it's the easiest and also the most difficult to achieve. I got to agree with that. Even until now, I'm still not sure whether I'm matured enough to be somebody's girlfriend. I don't want to accept somebody just because everyone around me is in a relationship and I want to be a part of them. I want to be in a stable relationship with somebody who really respect and love me and also a responsible one. And so far, I haven't really fallen head to heels for a guy and ya, there's also the fact that guys really seldom notice me since I'm a little quiet. I guess that's the reason I'm still single. Aiyah, I'm 19 only, not 91. So I guess there's still time, right??? *shrug* Besides, I'm putting everything in His hand. I'm sure He has a plan for me. All I'm doing now is walking on the road that He had planned for me with His constant guidance. I'm really thankful for anything. No matter how life turns out to be, I know He will be there for me :)

Though I had to walk quite some distance with my wedges, I don't mind at all for the wedding was truly a sweet and memorable one :) Thanks Leng Cheng!

No comments: