Sunday, March 10, 2013

How not to mess with a child...

Long day yesterday. It's on-call day again.

While waiting for new admission, I went to clerk a patient who came in the middle of the night. Halfway through, the dr came in. It's the dreadful blood-taking session. I helped to handle the child (more like restraining the child). 

Unexpectedly, the child cried loud and non-stop. After that, I went back to clerk the mother while the child was lying on the bed angrily ignoring us. Then lunch was served with ice-cream. 

The mother gave the ice-cream to the child. The child screamed. 

I tried to ask the child to eat. He screamed. 

I moved to the opposite direction and the mother told the child that I left.

Immediately, he sat up, grabbed the ice-cream and ate hungrily. 

Moral of the story: Don't mess with a child even though he's only 3 years old.


No comments: