Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thanks thanks thanks :)

Just when I was coming out from the cubicle, preparing to wash my hand before examining a child, Dr F, with a serious face saw me and called me to the resuscitation room. A child with rapid breathing and grunting was brought in.

I saw them managing the patient and trying to stabilise the little boy. Dr K, the lecturer-in-charge allowed me to stay with the patient while the rest went to clerk other cases.

When it was time to transfer the patient to PICU, I asked Dr K's permission to follow the ambulance to PICU. She said:"If there's place in the ambulance, then only you can follow." Ok... So I was hoping and praying that there'll actually be an empty spot.

Then 2 ambulance staffs came and the nurse started to prepare the boy. I was counting in my mind, 1 driver, 1 staff, 1 nurse, the child's mother and Dr K. Oh no, I got no place to sit already :(

When I came out from resus room, Dr K pointed to the nurse next to her and said:"She said you helped her a lot so she asked me to let you go." Yeah :D So I managed to share a seat with the child's mother.

Thanks a lot Dr F for all the teaching and advices even though you're not a lecturer. Thanks for even trying to find us and bring us to resus room so that we do not miss an important case. Thanks to the strict-looking nurse who actually asked Dr K to allow me to follow.

Thanks thanks thanks :)

PS: Seeing the boy in that condition, I realised that 8 weeks may seem long but it's actually not sufficient enough to learn everything that I need to know about Paeds. I'm so reluctant to move on to Surgery. Sigh...

No comments: