Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Love...

Joined Diabetic Clinic today and met 2 sisters who were diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.

When dr told me that their mother had passed away because of complications of DM, my attention was immediately brought to the lady who accompanied the siblings. She is the aunt of these sisters. 

Apparently, the aunt quitted her job and took up the responsibilities of taking care this 2 sisters and another sister as well. During the whole consultation, we could see that she was genuinely concern about the sisters and she did not regret quitting her job. She did all she could for the sisters and all she wished for was for the sister to take control of their disease and lead a normal life.

My eyes welled up with tears immediately. When dr told the sisters to appreciate their aunt, my tears were almost at the edge of flowing down. 

Love, in a positive manner, can be powerful enough to move a heart. 

I salute you, aunt. 

No comments: